Greetings Friends and Family of Cullman First UMC!
God is working in incredible ways at Cullman First, and I am thrilled to see the Spirit move in our church! As we continue in our mission to change lives, our goal is to reach as many people as possible with the Gospel and multiply our impact on the community. Through much prayer and seeking God, the leadership believes that in order to fulfill our mission we need to adjust our service times.
How will this change enhance our ministries and mission?
1. We believe this change will strengthen our ministries to children, youth, adults, and families through corporate worship and discipleship. Over the summer, many members shared how the combined traditional service gave them a renewed sense of unity as they worshipped together.
2. We believe this new schedule will strengthen and renew both our traditional and contemporary worship services.
3. Our children and youth ministry leaders shared how one service time enhanced their groups and increased volunteer engagement.
4. A quality worship experience is important for congregations that want to grow. We believe that by combining the two traditional services we can offer a worship experience that will be more uplifting and edifying.
5. As you know, in the past we have had to operate within strict time constraints, and in our current service arrangements, fewer people fellowship with folks that attend a different service time. This time change will provide a space to connect as one body, as well offer extended ministry time following the benediction.
6. We want to fulfill our mission and reach out to young families. We believe we can attract folks to both our traditional and our contemporary services by offering this time change that will support the needs of families with young children.
After much prayer and discernment among the Worship Committee and Board of Stewards, we are excited to present God’s vision for our worship.
The new schedule will begin August 5, 2018.
9:15 am – Coffee and Snack Fellowship
9:30 am – Sunday School-Small Groups (All ages)
10:30 am – Worship (All services)
Remember, this change is with a multiplication-kingdom-of-God mindset. What this means is that when our services grow to 80% capacity over a four-week period, we will launch a new service to connect, grow, and go! As we live a life of discipleship, invite others, reach new people and change lives, we will experience this multiplication effect and launch additional worship services.
We’re excited to see how God uses these new times to multiply our efforts in caring for each other, reaching new people, and changing lives in our community and beyond!
Thank you for your support, your prayers, and for your commitment to the Spirit’s move within our church as we embrace this new opportunity for growth.